Once Upon A Road Trip by Angela N. Blount Book Review

Once Upon A Road Trip by Angela N. Blount
ebook, 398 pages
Publisher: Artifice Press
Published Date: November 1st, 2013
Genre: Non-Fiction, Memoir, Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance 

Blurb:
Eighteen-year-old Angeli doesn’t "fit in." She’s never been on a single date, and she lives vicariously through an online world of storytelling. With the pressures of choosing a practical future path bearing down, she needs a drastic change. Too old to run away from home, she opts instead to embark on a solo 2-month road trip. But her freedom is tempered by loneliness — and anxiety tests her resolve as she comes face-to-face with her quirky internet friends.

Aside from contracting mono and repeatedly getting herself lost, Angeli's adventure is mired by more unforeseen glitches — like being detained by Canadian authorities, and a near-death experience at the hands of an overzealous amateur wrestler. Her odyssey is complicated further when she unwittingly earns the affections of two young men. One a privileged martial artist; the other a talented techie with a colorful past.

Bewildered by the emotions they stir, Angeli spurns the idea of a doomed long-distance relationship. But she is unprepared for the determination of her hopeful suitors. In the wake of her refusal, one man will betray her, and the other will prove himself worthy of a place in her future.

Angeli sets off in search of a better understanding of herself, the world, and her place in it. What she finds is an impractical love, with the potential to restore her faith in happy endings.

A true story with an unapologetically honest outlook on life, love, faith, and adventure -- Once Upon A Road Trip is a coming-of-age memoir.


Review:
*copy provided by author in exchange for a honest review*


A coming of age tale filled with faith, lessons, and first time love.

I very much enjoyed this story. I felt like I was apart of every stop and be very venture. Angie has done something not many people including myself are brave enough to do. I've always imagined taking an Eat, Pray, Love approach to life and just traveling the world. 

Although Angie didn't exactly leave the United States she traveled farther than she ever did and learned valuable lessons along the way.I felt myself growing in bravery and faith with every stop. 

This is a kind of book where you began questioning things, wondering if you're meant for more, if you're living life to its fullest and more. I think what made the story so unique besides whom she went to meet on her trip was how realistic the story was. It felt more like a biography than fiction.I liked the way it was written including the journal entries, that made for a realistic reading experience. I wish she was a little less hard on herself but I guess that's apart of learning and growing. I loved the journey and I'm glad I seen it through to the end. I loved the ending as well, my little romantic heart swooned.This book is great for a reader of any age. There is something in it for everyone and someone in for everyone.


Blog Archive