Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire Book Review

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire
Kindle Edition: 319 Pages
Published Date: May, 26th, 2011

Blurb:
Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


Review:

I finally got around to reading this one. I know that some people openly loved it and some of you really hated it but...

Omg I loved it. I. Loved. It. It took me so long to read this book and it took me even longer to get my hands on it but it was so worth the wait. Every page, every emotion, every volatile fight. I loved. This book is written with such a fire and romance that I fell in love with Travis just as quickly as Abby did. There is something about their relationship that is reminiscent to some of the others I read but just...better.

I felt the emotions as I read the book, maybe I'm just a sucker for devastated bad boys but I just felt this story and connected with this story like I'm not able to do with most. The characters were emotionally charged and it really made the story come to life. I know that a lot of people disliked the book for the very reasons I liked it, because of the incessant arguing but it was real to me. There was a realness to their arguments and they all seem warranted even if unnecessary. The dynamics between characters created the arguments and I loved and hated every minute.

I'm trying to calm myself before I start the second but I'm so excited. McGuire just created a Travis Maddox fanatic in me with very little effort. Two thumbs up!


Blog Archive