Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions #1) by Louise Rozett

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published Date: August 28th, 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, High School
266 Pages

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…

1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?


2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is nowenraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)
(Sorry. That was rude.)

Review+Rating
There's something raw about this book that I find myself connecting with. I'm not exactly sure how I feel because I feel like I've just got a peek into someone's life and I wasn't supposed to. This is one of the most realistic novels I've read in a while.

It's scary that a book about the first year of high school revolves so heavily around drinking and sex, but it's true, and real. Rose is the perfect example of a real life teenager, dealing with real life problems. She's dealing with puberty, high school, changing best friends, the death of her father, kisses she shouldn't have, and guys who want and don't want her. She's a real person.

 I think this is a great story for a younger audience and I know some people will think I'm crazy because of the topics of sex and alcohol, and while it does have these topics come up and quite often, it is relative to today. 

There is something in this story for young kids to relate to. The characters are all dealing with some aspect of life that is new to them and they struggle with it. It's like being a fly on the wall. You're hearing things you shouldn't but you can't stop listening. 

 I'm intrigued to see where Rose will go, and what will happen with her in the next novel. There's angst, sadness, anger, and drama. This is real life captured on paper. Kudos to Rozzett for such a realistic enjoyable read.


Blog Archive