Blogger Spotlight Sunday, Elizabeth from The Red Head Reader



Blogger Spotlight Sunday is back!
Blogger Spotlight Sunday is a meme hosted by yours truly, and it spotlights and promote bloggers in order to gain page views and followers. But, it only works if we support one another. So stop by the featured blogger's blog, comment, say hi, and follow.

Today we have Elizabeth from Red Head Reader blog.


(Click the icon above to visit Elizabeth's blog)

1. Tell me a little about your blog, when did you start blogging and why?

I love books and I love talking about books, so I thought why not start a blog and review books I’ve read. I wanted to get indie books out there and I wanted to help people find something really great to read. I mostly read thrillers, horror, and murder mysteries, but very soon I will add fantasy to that list which I am very much looking forward to! I started blogging in July of this year, 2013, so I’m still fairly new, and I am having so much fun with it!


2. What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
I hope to reach readers and help them find the right book for them, to befriend fellow book bloggers, and I hope to find new and exciting books. I’ve noticed so far that the book blog community is large and a great place to be and I’m happy I can contribute.


3. What do you blog about?
I try to stick to just book reviews on the blog, but on the Redhead Reader Facebook page I post book-related news, blog updates, giveaways,  and I reach out to my followers to see what they’re reading, etc.


4. What got you started reading? What book got you started reading?
I’m going to say The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien. I read this book when I was six or seven years old and it took me on this great adventure and I was hooked from that moment on.


5.If you were a teacher of an english class, name three of the books you'd have your students read and why?
What a great question! The first would be Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck to teach great friendship. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams because it’s a great adventure and is quite comical. The third and final book would be Saying Goodbye to Warsaw by Michael Cargill, even though it’s a fiction, I think it still portrays how it was like to live during that time, to appreciate all you have and take nothing for granted.


6. Name three of your top favorite books.
This is always a difficult question. The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, and Christine by Stephen King.


7. How many books have you read this year, name some of your favorites.
I’ve read close to fifty books this year. Some of my favorites are Antigoddess by Kendare Blake, Scare Me by Richard Jay Parker, The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon, and The Clearing by Dan Newman. I’ve been saving NOS4A2 by Joe Hill  for December and it’s been killing me! Ha. I’m going to start it December 1st and I think it’ll be just the thing to bring on that holiday thrill.


8. Tell us two random facts about yourself.
First random and weird fact about me, as a child, I had an alligator as a pet. His name was Chuck, he was 2.5’ long, and he’d sit in the middle of the floor with me. The second random fact, I can play In The Flesh by Pink Floyd on bass guitar.   



9. Favorite female character
I would have to say Anna Korlov from Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. She’s a bloodthirsty ghost, who brutally murders people who enter her home, but she’s pretty alright once you get to know her.


10. Favorite time and place to read.
My favorite time to read is all the time. :-) In my living room, I have a very comfy arm chair that I love to cuddle up and read in, with my cat on my lap of course.

Thanks for being with us today, Elizabeth! You guys check want more?
Find Elizabeth on:

Blog Archive