Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout Book Review~ (Finally!)



Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published Date: May 8th, 2012
eBook, 294 pages
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal

Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. 

Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip.

The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.


Review+Rating
5 out of 5 stars

Okay here's how I felt initially after reading this book. Daemon. *sigh* I've swooned and I can't get up!


 But at first I was like Oh, a book about aliens?? Great, not!


But seriously OMG, I love Daemon. He's arrogant, has a smart mouth, and well he's a total jerk! But I love him! I want to love him. I want him to be real. I am totally team Daemon for the first of my book loving life.
What I loved most about the book was the banter and the exchanges between him and Kat. It was a great buildup to what it eventually became. All of the characters are relatable. Obviously I see some of myself in Kat but what book blogger doesn't. It's very realistic and was a serious page turner. I had a hard time pulling myself away especially towards the last half of the book. 

Every character, even Ash I loved. I appreciated the variety the author gave in the book. Although the themes echo other books in content. This book felt fresh, it felt real and I was down right grinning by the end. I am so excited to read the next books and then I'm saddened because I know I'll have to wait. 

Definitely one of the better books I've read all year. I'll probably be finishing up this series next year but I am so excited for it. I honestly and truly get why people are so crazy over this book. I'm giving it five whopping stars and that's not being generous. So if you're like me and have not started this series you are doing yourself a serious injustice. Start, you'll thank me later.

Blog Archive