My Soul To Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent Book Review~

My Soul To Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published Date: August 1st, 2009
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy

She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally. Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.





Review +Rating
4 out of 5 stars
This book definitely surprised me. I kind of got the feeling before reading this that I wouldn't like it much but boy was I WRONG! This book is fantastic. It passes GO and does not stop to buy property. The romance is almost immediate. This worried me a bit because I thought it might get dry as the story went along but, I was wrong. It intensified and set the premise for the story.


I was thoroughly pleased with the progression of the plot, and the character and world development. For this book to be the first in the series it doesn't lack a lot of things other first books in a series do. You're usually left with a lot of unanswered questions and lacking in character development and world building. While I'm sure that there is so much more to see and learn with this series, I got far more than I expected; and I was pleased with that.

The character themselves are multi layered and have a standing on their own. They can survive without the other and I liked that. I liked the fact that one character doesn't need the other to be interesting. All of the characters had interesting enough backgrounds and personalities to stand strong on their own. I think this is actually one book I wouldn't mind reading a novella for. (I really don't enjoy short novellas, I always want more!)

It has great suspense and surprise and it shocked me and kept me all the way till the end. The writing is clear and concise and it made for an easy read. I'm sorry I took so long to start this. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I'm sure I will love it just as much as this one!



Blog Archive