Blogger Spotlight Sunday,Pages Unbound Blog



(Click above to be directed to their blog. Thanks!)


When did you start blogging and why?

Krysta and I founded the blog a little over two years ago, in May 2011.  We had written book reviews for our own entertainment for years and thought it would be fun to open our reviews to a larger audience, so there could be more discussion.  So far, I’ve had a lot of fun and have learned so much about the book market, on both the readers’ and the publishers’ ends.


 If you had the chance to host a dinner party with 7 of your favorite authors and fictional characters, who would they be and why?

J. R. R. Tolkien: He’s my favorite author, but he was also a brilliant man and knowledgeable about so many subjects I love, including medieval literature, classical literature, fairy tales, and languages.
Shakespeare: He was a genius playwright, and there are so many things about him that both readers and historians are dying to know.
Chaim Potok:  I admire so much about Potok’s works and he presents the world in such thoughtful, complex ways that I am sure he would make any conversation interesting.
The author of “The Wedding of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnelle”: We have no idea who he was, but I have far, far too many questions to ask him to not invite him to this dinner.  Tolkien would probably like to see him anyway.

Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables: Anne has such a vivid imagination and such a positive outlook on the world that I’m sure she would be an asset to any conversation.
Corduroy from Corduroy: I would really like nothing better than a conversation with an adorable teddy bear who was my friend.
Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle:  He can be a little irritating, but he’s also fascinating, and someone with magic should certainly be interesting.

 Recommend three books.

My favorite: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
A sometimes overlooked modern classic: My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
A beautiful fantasy: The Night Circusby Erin Morgenstern

How many books do you have?

At last estimate, I had about 700, but that number fluctuates a bit as I acquire books or donate ones I don’t love.

Last book you bought.

The last books I bought were at a used book sale, so I bought 11 of them for $5.  Princess Academy, Faust, Dune, The Ruby Key, andThe Virginians were in the pile, as well as some other titles.

The weirdest thing about you that you'd like to share.

I wouldn’t call it weird, but it seems to interest people who I tell them I enjoy Scottish country dancing.

Lastly, If you could switch places with any fictional character and live in a book, what book and what character would you choose and why?

This definitely depends on how long I’m going to be stuck in the book!  If I’m truly taking over the character’s life, I’d like to trade with Anne from Anne of Green Gables.  Her time period is missing some modern comforts, but overall she seems to lead a lovely and fulfilling life.  If I’m just trading places for a few days, I’d like to brave a more dangerous book and live as an Elf in Lothlorien in The Lord of the Rings.


Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter and Pinterest

*I want to thank Briana for being apart of Blogger Spotlight Sunday. I can't wait to see what else you guys post on your blog!*